Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Books, books and more books

     What's next? I have many books I'm working on. Several in their infancy, others several years old. I find myself jumping around depending one what inspirational wave I'm riding on each day. I have two published discipleship devotionals that contain short, quick-read articles. I love quick- reads.
     Most people don't read and wont spend money on books unless it's Harry Potter, Twilight or Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm the same way, though I don't read any of those book, I'd rather spend my time reading my Bible or something about prophetic ministry, dreams or the Holy Spirit.
     My point is, nothing is more annoying than getting a five page long devotional in your inbox. Who has time for that? I love that my devotionals are quick and to the point. I even read that making paragraphs shorter helps the reader to read more quickly and gives them a sense of accomplishment, which encourages them to keep reading. They may feel less overwhelmed when seeing a page of words when it's broken down into shorter paragraphs. I always take this into account in my books. I even had a dream that I was to write short articles like this. Very encouraging!
       I have a third devotional in the works. I'll eventually join all my devos together and form a year long devotional. I'm also working on several non-devotional books, but those take time and much more studying. The time of their release is in God's hands. As we know, He has a time for everything and He will not be rushed nor held back. There is peace knowing this.
         So, that's what's next. If you haven't read my devotionals you can purchase them on my personal website http://www.AmberRoseNewman.com . They've gotten a lot of good reviews, and are great for new Christians, and those wanting to grow.

No comments: