Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dog Ranch for People too :-)

      Throughout my life there has only been a few things I've been passion about like,  Jesus, animals, art, writing, healing homosexuality,helping homeless people, dreams, and few others here and there. Thankfully God has allowed me to walk in one of my passions as an author. I've published 2, soon to be 3 books (and many more in the works). I'm grateful that the Holy Spirit deposits books in me.       
        Besides being an author/writer I'd like to open a "Dog Ranch" tag line "His eye is on the sparrow, so I know He watches me". This ranch would combine several things I love - helping hurting people, the country and animals (dogs). We'd provide housing for hurting people (homeless people maybe, or drug addicts, sex addicts etc) and rehabilitate them. These people would work on the ranch taking care of the homeless dogs that we rescue from shelters (before they are euthanized). Animals have a way of healing people and bringing joy in ways other things can't, that's why they are taken to hospitals, nursing homes and schools. Allowing the hurting people to care for the dogs would allow both human and dog to heal deep within their hearts.
       The ranch would provide Christian counseling, church services and activities, discipleship programs and more for those staying there. The possibilities are endless. We could even grow pumpkins and Christmas trees to raise money each season (another activity they can learn and take part in). We will also have adoption events to adopt out the dogs they have helped train and nurture back to health. They can study and learn about dogs and lead obedience classes for the new owners as well. This will allow them to walk in leadership roles and have more responsibilities. As they transition out of our ranch and into the real world they can also adopt a dog they've grown close to throughout their healing process. It would be neat if the dog they bonded with could stay in their cabin with them as a buddy (just depends on living environment). Our ranch will help them find jobs and find a stable safe home. We will also have people who will check in on them throughout the years to make sure everything is going smoothly and provide additional counseling. We'd have to hire people that LOVE people and LOVE animals.
     Honestly I have no idea how this vision will come to pass, but I wanted to blog it because it's been in me for so long. I wanted to officially write it down. When I picture the ranch in my head. I see a hunter green barn and white trim, but that's cosmetic and God may have something else in mind. I see lots of open land, I see open areas for  the dogs to run, also cabins where our residence will live, and counseling center and a sanctuary where we can have Christian bands come and speakers to minister to those living there. I also see a farming area where we grow seasonal things to sell.
       Taking care of dogs in a shelter type setting takes lots of work. So we would pay our residence a small amount to teach them how to handle money, with an assigned "mentor" to hold their hand during beginning stages. The money they earn while working (cleaning, walking, training, etc)  will be saved up for when they transition out of our facility (for a used car or emergency funds when living on their own). This way they don't fall back into their old cycle of lack and defeat.
       Lord willing this vision will come to pass. My hubs and I love people and love dogs. God can do anything. I pray He sends us a dream and shows us if, when and how. As for now I'm glad to have this finally posted somewhere. :-)

2 comments:

Racheal said...

Amber, that vision is beautiful and I think you are the right type of person to bring something this amazing to life. =)

Daylight said...

Thanks so much, Racheal! :-)