Saturday, May 7, 2011

He Asked Me To Marry Him



Last night was amazing! My best friend of 12 years asked me to marry him after dating off and on for 4 years.  I knew this day was coming!! YAY! 

The evening began around 8pm, when Newman called and asked me to come over to his place. As I walked up the stairs to his front door I could smell candles all the way outside. I began to wonder, “hmm, what’s he up to?” I knocked on the door, and when he answered I saw such a beautiful display of rose petals and candle light everywhere. It was beautiful, pictures don’t capture it. 



As Newman continued to lead me inside I heard soft music playing and his table set for dinner.  He had warm bread laid out just like the restaurants and served me so eloquently in the candle light. To my amazement he prepared "Miso Salmon" for our romantic dining, my favorite dish from the Cheesecake Factory.  It was so special, and meant that world that he remembered it was my favorite.





After we ate, he asked me to dance with him to the soft music playing the background.  We slow danced for a little while, enjoying the moment and the time we had together.  The dim candles glowing and the smell of flowers were perfect.  

Some time went by, and I told him I had to go to the restroom for a moment. When I came back out he had rose petals leading from the bathroom to the table and our favorite love song, “My Best Friend” by Tim McGraw playing. I followed the roses to find candles forming a heart on the table with a huge bouquet of flowers, and a gift bag. I opened the bag, and found a box with a heart charm inside. Engraved on the heart was, “Will You Marry Me?”. I LOVE the charm! Anyone who knows me, knows I wear my charm bracelet EVERYWHERE! So, it's perrrrfect!! After reading the charm I turned to look at Newman, and when our eyes met he dropped to one knee, and proposed.
 I said, “Yes!!” 


 When that was finished, he brought out dessert! Mmm-mmm! He had a red velvet cake cheesecake, and ordered a banana pudding cheesecake for me, which I find pretty neat because all day long I was thinking about banana pudding. So weird! I believe it was only confirmation for what was about to happen. Why else would I see pictures of that in my spirit all day long? Crazy!


I’m so blessed to be engaged to such a kindhearted man of integrity! The best part is, we are BEST FRIENDS! We love spending time together! It’s been that way for 12 years, and I don’t see it changing! I love how he knows me so well. He knows I hate surprises and crowds. He didn't ambush me in some crowded place. He knew to do such a special thing in a quiet mellow place just for me, even though he is more extroverted and likes the theatrics he toned in all down just for me. :-)


Thanks for the beautiful night, Newman! I love you! I can't wait to see what God has in-store!

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Just so exciting! Love y'all! Beautiful proposal...love all the pics!

Daylight said...

Thanks! :) :) :)

Psalm's Canvas said...

yay! thank you for sharing!!! I wish the two of you much happiness! <3

Psalm's Canvas said...

Thank you for sharing. I wish the two of you much happiness! =)

michele said...

WOW!! Congratulations! That is wonderful!

Daylight said...

Thanks everyone! I'm supper excited!!