Monday, May 23, 2011

Rest in Trust


Changing seasons is always hard. More so, when we don’t have a choice, and EVEN more when we feel a season has been stolen, and ripped right from our hands, by someone else.  I guess that’s sort of the season I’ve been living in the past few years. It’s been hard to find freedom and total healing for my heart. So many questions like, “Why God?” or “What was the point of all that?” Tons of tears, and lots of unanswered questions later, I had to find my healing in trust. I had to ask myself, “Do I really believe my steps are ordered by the Lord?” If I truly believe that, then it was all meant to be - for the greater good. 

If you’ve gone through something you don’t have the answers to, something that’s left a rip in your heart. Ask yourself, “Who orders my steps?”  If the Lord is your God, then He orders them, and everything will work out for good. 

Rest in trust! 

The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. – Psalm 37:23 NIV

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28 NIV

No comments: