Monday, June 16, 2008

Divine love journal

I'm going to start a journal and carry with me wherever I go. I started one awhile back but somehow got lazy and forgot about it. This new journal will be filled with people's names that God puts on my heart. I'll spend time praying over them until I get divine words of encouragement. I need to start stretching this gift to the max. Pastor Victoria says we need to put a demand on our gifts and I don't think I'm demanding enough from mind and it's leaving me bored. I want the prophetic river to continually flow from my mouth so I need to work it out more and build those muscles. So maybe I'll have a journal full of names and blank spaces but oh well. I will pray and meditate until I have something to give away. God is faithful. Plus I need the challenge.

If' I'm talking to someone for awhile and we getting into a deeply spiritual conversation I can sense the Holy Spirit pull me and I being to flow and words continue to come. I don't even have to think about it. It's like this super natural excitement, assurance and just confidence that God will indeed do what He promised! In those moments I think I could be a motivational speaker. ha-ha I'm a different person it seems. Maybe I just need to learn to keep myself worked up in the spirit and then I can be that way all the time.

I really want to bust down these walls in my life and flow in that divine love that over takes me sometimes.

One of my friends said the most amazing thing. She said that the enemy attacks us in the area of our giftings (which makes sense). She said for an encourager it's discouragement or rejection. If a person with prophecy feels discouraged or rejected they wont encourage anyone or have the confidence to reach out. Maybe for someone with faith it might be doubt. They can't believe for anything if they are busy doubting. This could be an interesting study. Find what people struggle with the most and see the positive opposite to find their gift??? Would that work?

8 comments:

A.J. said...

Wow. Great Post! What a great idea! I am so bad about forgetting things, that I should really try this too... I really am bad about forgetting names and stuff to pray about. What you said about how the enemy attacks makes a lot of sense to me. I have really deep rejection wounds as well. I get invited a lot to help pray for people at my church, and I find that I am really chicken about just approaching them and talking openly when I don't know them that well. I am definitely an encourager, and a lover, (Holy Love, not Don Juan haha) and I find that I also struggle with doubt a lot. It seems to really flood me at times and this season currently has been one that is really difficult for me. I am listening to a sermon by Kris Valloton from Bethel and it is on Love Suffering Long. It has made a lot of sense to me the way he is explaining that love always costs us something...like true love...and that when we are on the journey with people that we truly want to love, we experience the same things that they do and it will cost us in order to walk the path with them. It has really made me think about some things and look at them from a different perspective. If you are interested in listening to it...it is on the Bethel Podcast (Bill Johnson's church) @ www.ibethel.org

Thanks for sharing...great post! I pray that God will continue to give you more and more words and Holy Spirit flow!

Daylight said...

Hey AJ!! Thanks for the comment!!

When my friend shared with me how the enemy attacks our gifts it blew my mind. Also if you read many books of the prophetic or prophecy you will see how people gifted i this area deal with huge amounts of rejection since childhood. Reading some of those books is like reading my life story ha-ha. The enemy wants to keep us walking in rejection so we keep God's word to ourself and not share it. It's a painful place to be because inside your burning with love and passion for people all around you and yet you can't knock down the wall of rejection to reach them. It's a a weird cycle that I have yet to beat.

Have you studied much on the spirit of rejection?? It's a crazy study and will blow your mind. The spirit actuly makes you see things diffrently and that's why it's so hard to overcome because you think people really are rejecting you. check out my web site www.victoryinpurity.com
and look at the rejection page.

oh and i'll totally check out the podcast. I love Bethel Church.

Daylight said...

oh and another thing...since it's hard for me to approach people and speak what the Holy Spirit has given me I'm going to try and maybe write notes or send out cards. Iduno...it's something I'm thinking about....

You can be a mouth peice for God and not use your mouth. Your voice can be a painting, a song, a letter or book. It dosen't always mean standing infront of people and speaking. Many people are the mouth of God and they never open their mouth but play the piano, or pick up a paint brush....

anyways had to add that...

Anonymous said...

The way I've thought of this is that our greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses are sometimes related. So, for example, someone with great self discipline might also have tendencies to be compulsive or a workaholic.

Daylight said...

Very true! We see that often with people who are filled with passion for something and then struggle with their temper at the same time.

But what about those with divine ability to believe God for anything and then struggle with doubt. Or those who have the ability to speak to millions and yet struggle with social anxiety. Or those who are great parents and should probably write a book and yet struggle with thoughts of not being good enough.

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes" they're related, not "always," lol...!

That said, I would guess that more often than not our strengths do predispose us to certain weaknesses - even if, additionally, we have other ones.

(But OF COURSE I'm just guessing here and none of these statements are based on anything to do with, uh, me...)

joanna :) said...

YAY!!! I just started my second notebook to keep the main one in the diaper bag and the other one next to my bed for dreams. I have learned so much by reading what I wrote months, years ago. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a journal in which i ask the Lord questions and he answers. I then submit my journals to trusted mentors and they give me there feedback. At first it's mostly I love you and simple things. It's a great way to grow in confidence in your ability to hear. It has revolutionized my life.