Saturday, June 7, 2008

Best Friends- How we met

   Newman and I met in 9th grade where we shared 2-Block Algebra and English. So we spent at least 3 hours a day together for an entire year, not counting all the hours we spent in after school tutoring and walking the halls together between classes. We have more memories than one could imagine. We still sit back and laugh over the silly notes and pictures we have stored away in boxes in each of our closets. We often wonder, "Where were you when I was a kid?" because neither of us had many friends let alone a "best friend", but God's timing is perfect. One thing is for sure though, if it wasn't for the divine hand of God we would have never crossed paths at all. We really did meet at an important time. It was a time when the Lord was drawing both of us to Himself. A time of separation from the world and a time of sanctification. It's wonderful to have shared such a life changing season with someone I've grown to care so much about.
     Through out High School we went on to share only one other class and that was web design, but our friendship continued to develop. We started going to the same church and even walked up the the alter and got baptized at the same time. Newman has held my hand in the toughest times and been my laughter in the darkest. I am extremely blessed and honored to have him in my life. There is nothing I could do to deserve such an amazing friend. God is so good!
     I often think about the saying "It's not the quantity of friends that counts. It's the quality of friends." And though I've had few friends my entire life I can't complain because the quality of the ones I got are above amazing.
Thank you Jesus, forever and for always
1999-Forever

2 comments:

A.J. said...

That is so sweet! I love you guys! I am so glad that you are my friends!

=)

Daylight said...

We love you too AJ... :)