Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

   Congratulations! We all made it another year! That's something to rejoice over! Think about all the people who didn't make it?!? Agh! Not such a happy thought! So, feel blessed! We're here for a reason!!!!!!!!!! :-)

  Every time another year rolls around I see people get on their soap boxes preaching about how making New Year's resolutions are bad, pointless and a waste of time! I personally don't agree! I think we all need a chance to start over, re-evaluate, organize and aim our arrows! I love New Years!

   We all need a little motivation and New Years does that! So I say, "GOOD!!" Maybe our plans will fall to the ground and never see past February, or maybe they'll take off and soar to heights we never imagined! Either way I think it's worth dreaming, worth planning, worth getting excited about going on a living spree every New Year!

FAITH is the currency of HEAVEN! Every New Year people are filled with FAITH that maybe, just maybe they can do what they've always failed at before! If that's you, continue to build your FAITH! This is your year! This is my year! We can do whatever we believe we can!

I think the reason most of our New Year's goals never come to pass is because life gets in the way and we forget our vision of victory! So to avoid this, let's write our vision down and hang it somewhere we can see and read every morning! Keeping the goal in front of us will insure we don't forget what's important about this new year! :-)

The ONE line from Journey is in my heart about this New Year,

"Don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling"

My goals:
1. Get in shape! (Weight loss is on almost EVERY girl's resolution list!) It's worth going for!!!
2. Publish 2 more books!! (at least)
3. Draw closer to the Lord and experiance His supernatrual ability more in my life
4. Learn to love, support and build my husband the way he needs. God made me a help mate! :-)
5. Be a better friend. Be a people builder! :-)
6. Read more books
7. Go out of my way to make new friends!!

I have many other goals, but these are the main ones! Everything else will come as a result of meeting and maintaining these main goals!

Don't let the New Year's Grinches steal your joy!! It's always worth getting pumped up and excited about making positive change in our lives!

2 comments:

Lori Logan Vance said...

I love this post!!

CJ said...

Great Post!!! New Year means New Beginning!