Friday, October 4, 2013

One topic in my next book


          I hope you are excited about my next book. I know the subject may throw some for a loop but I truly believe the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me about this. Without giving away everything in my next book I'd like to ask you to think about the Bible's account of Peter walking on the water.   

          Many of us have heard this account used in sermons about leaving our comfort zone, but is this really the point of the story? When we are taught something early on, we may find it difficult to think about the story outside of the box that we've always heard it. But the Lord's been speaking to me about this particular account as I finish up my forth book.

        Was it really out of Peter's comfort zone to jump out of the boat? Peter was a man of action. He was gutsy. Out of everyone I'd expect such action from Peter - no surprise. It wasn't his only bold move. It's not as if Peter was shy and timid. Do we see anyone else trying to walk on water? So, what could this account be telling us if it's not about stepping from our comfort zone?

            I'll leave it at that until my book is released! :-) 

No comments: