Saturday, October 19, 2013

Influential ministries in my life

      How did you become who you are today? If you are Christians, I'm sure you'd say, God. I agree, God deserves all the praise. But who did God use to help shape you, grow you and mature you spiritually? Lots of ministries have sowed a little here and there, but there are specific people that have played bigger roles in my life.
        If I had to make a short list of the most influential, life changing, people in my spiritual walk with God it would be as such: (not in order)

John Paul Jackson - His teaching on dreams and holiness gave me a safe place to learn about the encounters and events in my own life. Learning to understand God in this way has shaped and directed my life greatly. God is speaking, are we listening?

Jason Upton - Jason Upton's intimate worship and truth speaking revolutionized my time with God and changed the path my spiritual life was heading in. I first heard of Jason Upton through a "dreamer" friend, and first saw a video of him at Jentezen Francklin's church. I've even heard angles singing at one of his events, which has happened several times at his events from what's I've heard. Jason Upton eventually opened the door for me to discover Jonathan David Helser who has been a great influence as well.

Jonathan David Helser - Jonathan's musical style has a folk country sound. It's so relaxing. I've been listening to him since 2005. One word - intimacy. Check him out, his sounds brings healing to broken hearts and encouragement to the weary. This is the first ministry that truly showed me what the family of God should look like in heart and action. His farm house internships and events are something truly sincere. I'd love my future kids to participate in something like that.

Joel Osteen  - I sat under Joel Osteen for 10 years. I'm so happy God used Joel to built such a firm foundation at such a young age. Because of Joel I have a foundation of hope. You don't realize how important this is until you go to other churches and meet other Christians and see how defeated and depressed people are. I'm so thankful that I know how to encourage myself and build myself up with God's promises. He was truly my first pastor (other than random places I went as a kid). He's deposited a measure of faith in me that can never been taken. I will always have a "glass half full" perspective. God is for me!

Jentezen Franklin - His teaching about Python really helped point me in the right direction as a teenager. . I will never forget the video skit about Python at his church. He went on to minister to me greatly with all his other books as well. Not to mention, fasting. Fasting has changed my hubby's and my life. So many miracles and breakthroughs!

Leo Tyler - Healthy Soul Ministries is an amazing discipleship program that my husband and I spent several years sitting under. Leo opened our eyes to a freedom process that truly works for us. We discovered our personality types, how to identify and be healed of past hurts and walk in our new nature. As a psychology lover, Leo's christian class changed our life.

Kim Clement - Kim's whimsical and quirky prophetic style are a true gift. He's so far out of the box that you can't helped but be refreshed. It's a nice change of pace. His encouraging and musical nature have a special place in my heart.


No comments: