Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Life choices

           I've experienced quiet a few things in my journey with Jesus. One thing I've learned is never to make a choice based on what someone else says. Often, even Christians, speak from their own head. They think they are hearing God but they aren't. If you make a huge life decision based on someone else you may end up regretting it. Even if the person has a lofty title, and is considered a leader in your circle, don't simply follow. Trust me, I've learned this the hard way. It's not rebellion to check in with God first. Man is not God and man misses God all the time. I've had my heart broken by this. 
         People may hate someone one minute and taint your view of them, then years later they worship the same person they've discredited and want to be like them. People's opinions are always changing. Not all "leaders" are worthy of your blind obedience, only Jesus  Much of what gets promoted in churches and Christian circles is based on personality, not heart or character. If you jump overboard because of someone's egotistical opinion you may end up regretting it. You have to seek God about your life. Obey Him above all. If a leader bullies you or calls you rebellious because you have to seek God above their finicky words then it's not a leader you need to follow.
         I've been the person open to hear everyone out. The one trying to hear God's wisdom through others and I trusted them to the point their words tainted my view of others. I've even uprooted myself from where God placed me based on someone else's fiery conviction, only to see years later the same person come around and love the very person they pushed me away from. I'm speaking from experience.
        Only God knows what He wills for your life. You always need to double check with Him and stand firm, no matter what titled person speaks the opposite. There is so much talk of honor and respect and not being rebellious in the church that people's lives get off track and turned around in a bad way because those speaking into their lives are not worthy of the position. I know that sounds harsh but I'm passionate about this. Don't lose your ability to hear from God because some loud mouthed person is a pro at selling their junk.
        You can't make life choices based on other people's current opinions masked as "prophetic words" because you will be the one left to face the consequences, not them.

No comments: