Wednesday, May 28, 2014

We all think we know

        I've been a Christian long enough to know that everyone thinks they know the right interpretation of scripture - with facts to back them up. Everyone else is either deceived or out right evil. But I've had a relationship with God long enough to know that everyone has a little truth and a little deception and God surprises us all. None of us have God figured out.
           It's arrogant to think we know scripture perfectly. And to boldly say someone is "not of God" or "evil" is self-righteous, as if we know all, with no room for error.  I've heard self-assured leaders speak against this person or that book over and over just to change their opinions years later. What happens to the trail of division they've left behind?
         Recently I've been hearing preachers come out against the "Heaven is for real" book and movie. I don't know if the book is a true account or false. But I do know it's not causing harm to the Church. It's actually encouraged many weary people, got people to start reading their bible, lit a fire in some and brought countless unsaved to the Lord. So why are we wasting time arguing over it? We should stick to things that are hurting the church like, Fifty Shades of Gray. 
         I find it annoying when leaders want to argue about everything. I've heard many views from educated people and they all have degrees to back up their  different interpretations, and yet God keeps surprising us all. It seems some want to discredit anything supernatural and rob people of faith. I refuse to live that way. God has supernaturally intervened in my and my family's lives countless times. I can't put Him in a box designed by a group of overly educated people. Some people get so deep they drown and bring confusion.
          Maybe the whole "Heaven is for real" story is made up, maybe it's not. Whether good or bad, God is using it for good. The people that argue of such things argue over everything. They are so "by the book" they miss the entire point of The Book. Everything does not need to be dissected and labeled, "true or false", especially if it's leading people to the Lord. I'd be ringing a different bell if the book was causing people to fall away, turn to other gods, sin against one another and such, but this is not the case.
        I will say I have not read the book or watched the movie. I've been in a season of detoxing from all outside voices but my Bible. It's a refreshing season tuning everything else out. But I do catch a few articles here and there from Facebook, that's how I saw a video of a pastor telling people how non Biblical all heaven encounter books are. It's so ridiculous. We should focus on speaking against things that actually hurt the body of Christ. I've never heard a Heaven testimony that didn't beckon people closer to God. As for those that may be lying for money, they will have to answer to God one day.

No comments: