Thursday, May 23, 2013

I will confess

"For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord", and you forgave the iniquity of my sin." - Psalm 32:4-5 ESV

     When you are in relationship with Jesus, hidden sin will weigh you down. God's hand is upon us, beckoning us to release it to Him. Confessing our sins brings healing and wholeness into our lives. The beautiful thing is, when we confess our iniquity, He is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us.
     Never mistake the weight of God's hand upon you as condemnation. The enemy of our soul would love that, but it's a lie. God is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness when we confess them to Him.
     The more your relationship with God grows, the quicker you will be convicted. Things you did without a second thought will now cause a second thought and even stop altogether. You will know immediately when you shouldn't have done something. Instead of walking around feeling the weight of your mistake you will learn to repent quickly and move on. Confessing is not something to be ashamed of. It's empowering. The quicker you release it, the quicker you can move on.
    Let God know you agree with Him, "Lord I know I messed up. I know you are asking me to release it to you. I hear you. I agree. Help me do it." God's not scared of our struggles. He just wants to know we agree with Him about it. I've often told God, "I know this wrong, I agree with you. Help me rid of it." God's peace, healing and presence surround the issue to set me free.
      Jason Upton says, "Do you want more of God's glory? Then uncover more of your weakness. What we cover God will uncover, but what we uncover His grace will cover." Powerful! And it's the truth. When we confess our mistakes God covers us. But when we hide our monsters we risk God uncovering them because He wants us free.
       In all things run to God, not away from Him and He will cover you. 

No comments: