Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dew only on the fleece

     When we believe God has spoken to us, it's okay to ask for confirmation. I believe God is more than willing to confirm His word in our life. God is not the master of confusion! He wants us to do what He said, more than we want to do it!

     There is a great story in the Bible about Gideon. In Judges 6, Gideon feels defeated and lacks confidence. He doesn't believe he can accomplish what God's asked him to do, so he does what most of us do. He begins to wonder if it's really God speaking to him. He says to the Lord,  “If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me...(Judges 6:17NIV) " And you know what? God gave him a sign! He actually gave him several signs! :-)

     I encourage you to read Judges 6 and learn about the whole story! I love how Gideon is just a human as any of us. He wrestles with the same concerns and humbly asks the Lord to confirm that it's truly Him speaking in his life. Be encouraged! Asking for confirmation is not being faithless, it's being wise!

No comments: