Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to MMMEEE!!


      Yesterday was my birthday! My age will remain a secret (ha-ha)! Maybe it's just a girl thing, but every year my birthday stirs up mixed emotions within me. It feels weird to get older. I feel blessed that God's given me another year to live, love and laugh, but at the same time there is a little bit of sadness and honestly, fear. It's a little scary to get older, at least for me. I wonder if I'm doing enough, if I'm on track or falling behind or if I measure up? So many questions and worries have been bombarding me around my birthday the past few years. I've been in prayer for the Lord to help me work through these things. I truly want to enjoy my birthdays from the deepest places of my heart, not just the surface.



     My mom is my "bestest" friend in the whole world! She always goes above and beyond to make me feel special on my birthday. After teaching the toddlers 1st and 2nd service at church, my parents, my fiance and I all went out to lunch. It was great spending time all together. After that, we went to my parent's house for gifts and cupcakes. I had told Newman about a cute cupcake place in the city a few weeks earlier and he took it upon himself to order some for my birthday. They were super pretty! I love pretty things (ha-ha)!!! Now, when it comes to taste, let's just say I wouldn't want to order there again. Newman said the manger told him the cupcakes are all natural, so they were meant to be eaten the day of, but we ate them the day after, so basically that's why they tasted gross (I make better tasting cake from the box!). I have two other cupcake places I'd like to try sometime just to compare (Newman and I were thinking we'd have a dessert bar of cupcakes for our wedding, instead of regular food. That's why I'm so interested in finding the best cupcake place.)

(So pretty, right?!?! I wish they tasted as good as they looked)

(I wanted to taste each one, and so did everyone else, so we cut them up to share)

     Monday, Newman took off of work to spend the entire day with me, on my actual birth day. It was really nice to have him for the WHOLE day! We watched a few movies, I opened the gifts he had bought and beautiful wrapped, then that evening we ordered out from one of my favorite restaurants. I felt so special! Newman bought me TWO purses I've been eying, my favorite Bath and Body works spray/lotion (Midnight Pomegranate) and TWO of my favorite movies from my childhood!


     I used to love My Girl as a little kid and The Outsiders was a mandatory read in 6th grade. For whatever reason I loved that book, and when the teacher showed us the movie at the end of the assignment I loved it even more! I guess it's the underdog thing, and looking for a place to belong. For whatever reason both movies hold a special place in my heart. So happy to own them now.

(This one tasted the best out of all of them, and that's not saying much (ha-ha) It's chocolate cake, with strawberry icing. I love the look of the edible pearls!!) 

     After dinner and gifts, we sat on Newman's porch for awhile and talked (I love those moments), and when Newman stepped away I couldn't help but  look up at the stars and pray. I had to thank the Lord for all He had done last year, and all I was believing for this year. He has a plan for me, and I know He will reveal His will for this year. I hope to publish 1 or 2 more books, get a few more freelance writing opportunities, lose weight, make new friends and go deeper with old friends and so much more. As we get older, we begin to realize how fast time truly goes by. I feel like I just took down the Christmas decor, and now it's almost time to put it back up. It's all going by way to fast for my liking.


     Anyway, today marks the beginning of a new year for me! I pray I can stay productive and accomplish all my faith has stirred me to do.

My Birthday Verse: "May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge." - Ruth 2:12 NIV

1 comment:

Nicole @Project Inspired said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you had a great day! I love My Girl too!!!!