Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rain, Rain where have you been today?


For the last few weeks, the weather has been one big tease. The clouds roll in and the winds blow. I even hear thunder and see flashes of lightening from time to time, but no rain…ever! All the signs of rain, but no actual rain. The wind simply blows the clouds on through and the sun begins to peek out again. It gets pretty frustrating after awhile.

Well today the same thing happened and I really didn’t believe it was actually going to rain, but Holy Spirit began talking to me and I saw how this pattern is exactly what my friend and I are going through in this season. Are you going through the same thing? Maybe it is an ex-spouse you are believing God to bring back into your life, a job promotion, a ministry opportunity or anything else you are believing God for. It comes so close and yet still so far. Just when everything looks like it is about to manifest, it suddenly dissolves. I can’t count how many times this has happened to my friend and I. Everything we are believing God for comes within inches of us but instead of manifesting, it disappears like a mirage in the dessert, clouds without rain. After awhile if you are not careful, you can develop a sour attitude and become extremely skeptical. It is like, “I will believe it when I can touch it”.

Luckily today it acutely rained, and the Holy Spirit encouraged me, by reminding me that we will reap a harvest if we don’t grow weary. The clouds may not bring an outpouring today or tomorrow but they will. One day all the signs will manifest what we’ve been waiting for. God sees everything!! He knows everything in your heart and in the hearts of those around you. He knows what needs to happen before other things can happen. It all makes sense to Him even though it doesn’t always make sense to us. He has not forgotten you! He is not teasing you by dangling your promise in front of you and then snatching it away. He is a good God! There is a time for everything under heaven. The clouds and the wind may not bring your promise. The distant sounds of thunder may not bring the rain you are anticipating, but at the appointed time those clouds will break and you will dance in your rain. You will rejoice and know that God has been faithful. He always is!

No comments: