Friday, April 3, 2009

Ministering from a place of rejection


Okay so I've been wanting to type this blog for awhile now. I've been taking notes and trying to find a way to teach something or make the blog longer but it's just not happening. So I'm just going to get to the point.

Have you been rejected? Severely hurt by a person or group of people? Was it the Church? The reason I ask is because I've come across a few people with ministries that kinda stink. I don't say that to be rude but they are ministering from a place of rejection. Sadly they have beautiful hearts but have been hurt. We all have. I guess it depends what we do with that hurt. Some turn inward and blame themselves, that's what I do. Others lash out and become aggressive, angry and spiteful. If you find that your ministry is continually pointing fingers at other churches and believers then take a step back and ask God why? Is there any unforgiveness and pain hiding in your heart? God has great plans for you but choosing to ignore the pain inflicted upon you is only going to lead you down the wrong road or maybe even the right road but with the wrong attitude. You know you can say and do the right things but with the wrong attitude they'd be considered wrong. Just ask yourself if your trying to prove a point, trying to show your offenders in a round about way that you're right and they are wrong. It breaks my heart because I know the sting of rejection. I know what if feels like not to fit in or belong but we must take responsibility for our own hearts. Though we may still feel pain we can't not allow our hearts to turn cold toward fellow brothers in sisters in Christ.

Those who have been rejected, attacked emotionally, left out and forgotten about your ministries would have a great effect if you'd just forgive those who caused your pain. Maybe you need to find a friend or pray for God to send you a friend. Someone who can help walk you through the healing process. Whatever it is ask God to bring restoration.

Ministering from a place of rejection blurs everything and that's what I believe God wants you to hear when summed up.

No comments: