Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dream 4/9/09

While I slept I was given a name for God, "The Good One". No images or anything just, "The Good One" and I knew it was talking about God. I guess the Holy Spirit knew I needed to remember that God is indeed good. I was feeling really discouraged and this encouraged me. Thank you Jesus.

"Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good?No one is good but One, that is, God.But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” - Matthew 19:16-17

If you too are feeling discouraged by anything today remember God is good, not only good as in perfect but good to you. The Psalms says that He delights in you!

I was reading a short devotional today out of a book called "Streams In The Dessert" that might also encourage you. Here is a short excerpt

"Many people are wanting power. Now how is power produced? The other day we passed the great works where the trolley engines are supplied with electricity. We heard the hum and roar of the countless wheels, and we asked our friend, "How do they make the power?"

"Why," he said, "just by the revolution of those wheels and the friction they produce. The rubbing creates the electric current."

And so , when God wants to bring more power into your life, He brings more pressure. He is generating spiritual force by hard rubbing. Some do not like it and try to run away from the pressure, instead of getting the power and using it to rise above the painful causes."

Anyways I know this is part of my dream blog but I couldn't help pouring a little water in your bucket. Love ya!

-Amber

"All these things are against me" -Gen. 42:36
"All things work together for good to them that love God" -Romans 8:28

No comments: