Tuesday, November 3, 2015

We are free....

     "I used to think being a godly woman meant getting up early to read my Bible and pray every morning. The only problem is I don’t process thoughts or words early in the morning, so I’d beat myself up for being distracted and groggy. One day, God interrupted me with this thought: Renee, I made you. I know you are not a morning person. I know you like variety. I created you, so work with Me.
     I felt like God was telling me to spend time with Him but not to put so much pressure on myself.
From that point on, my time with God has been more adventurous and enjoyable. Some days I sit with God and read or pray. Other days I go running and listen to my Bible on my iPod. Then I’ll pray and talk to God while I am walking back home.The point is I’m free now to spend time with God in ways that fit my personality, and I love it!"

 - Renee Swope, 
Proverbs 31 Ministries

No comments: