Thursday, July 11, 2013

Catch a wave

    If you have a hard time being intimate with God on your own, the next best way to saturate yourself in His presence is to go places where He's manifesting. Hang around people who are manifesting Him. It's not a copout.
     I can't tell you how many times I was feeling spiritually dry, and went to an event where I knew people would be flowing in the Holy Spirit and prophetic gifts. As soon as I walked through the doors, BAM, I was hit with God's manifested presence. If you can't create a wave then catch a wave, hang around where the waves are crashing. Trust me you will get soaked. Before you know it you will be creating waves and catching waves when you're all alone worshiping. It will rub off on you.
      Sometimes we are in a dry season, not because God wants it that way, but because life pulls us down. That's why we need each other. Come surf my waves! We sharpen each other and encourage one another. Sometimes we need someone else to fill us up. There is no shame in that. Other times people are still young and immature to spiritual things and need some help. Again, no shame. Ride my waves.
      Over the years I've learned what events, or gatherings host His presence. So my hubs and I make a point to go for a refreshing. I will warn you, once you've experience the true and living God in a manifested way you are ruined for anything less. Places that used to fit you wont be able to hold you anymore. You can't go back.
      It's an amazing thing when God's presence rests on you and His spirit abides in you. There is a difference when you are running on empty and when you're running on full. Hang around people and places and help keep you full.
          God wants to speak to you and move through you.

No comments: