Saturday, June 29, 2013

Get moving

      You have to start somewhere. Where you are today may not be where you'll  be in 10 years, but if you don't get moving you'll never start your journey. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist in a sense. I don't like trying anything unless I know I'm not going to totally humiliate myself. If you're like me, it's a struggle to get the ball rolling in any direction, because you want to wait until you're perfect before you try. Silly, right? We all know you wont get close to perfection unless you first start trying. It can be a paralyzing place to be.
       Everyone has to start somewhere. I try to give people space to become who they are meant to be. Everyone needs space and time. We never know what phase of the journey someone's on and I'd hate to be the one to discourages them when they are just starting, or be the one to push them over when they are on the edge.
        Writing books is scary. Writing anything is scary. Sharing your art, your thoughts, your feelings and beliefs....it's so very terrifying. Don't believe me? Try it! The books I write today, may not be the books I write years from now. I may look back and shake my head, or I may smile. Either way when God points us in a direction we have to get moving even if we're crawling.
       Don't be scared to start. I'm not going to lie. You may face ridicule. You may come face to face with a few bullies. You may be laughed at. You may even be tempted to run back and hide in your cave. But starting is always worth it. Let God be the only affirmation you need.
    Start. Get moving.

No comments: