Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lead me to the rock


       This morning I woke up feeling extremely discouraged and defeated. I tossed and turned in bed hoping a little extra sleep would cure me, but I couldn't get myself to drift off to dream land. So I began praying faintly under my breathe when this verse came forth, "From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." -Psalm 61:2 NKJ
  
I've been stuck (spiritually) here all morning. It's definitely a good place to be stuck. There is such peace knowing something is, "higher than I". There is even more peace knowing it's someone, not just something. Someone is higher than me. Someone has a higher perspective. Someone has more authority. Someone is sturdy, steady, solid - a rock. 

     This is a rock we can stand on.When we are desperate, when the world is overwhelming we can cling to The Rock.

No comments: