Monday, October 24, 2011

Busy, Busy...

Wow, October has been extremely busy for me to say the least! It's been a wonderful type of busy though...
I GOT MARRIED!! 

We decided to have a super small ceremony (six people), and save the rest of our "wedding budget" for a future down payment on a home, whether that be this year, next year or whenever. I know that's not the best decision for everyone, but it was for us and God blessed us with tremendous peace. It's like a huge weight lifted off our shoulders when we settled in our hearts to do what we felt peace about, and were not given to the pressure of "tradition".

After we got married my husband and I went on a 5 day honeymoon! I was thrilled to spend  time with my man, but I was also excited to see my brother again! My brother left for boot camp months ago and I hadn't see him since. He just so happened to be stationed near us for those 5 days (okay we planned it that way *smile*). We didn't spend every day with him, but we did make a point to meet up several times! It was such a blessing to me! After we got back from our trip we spent another 5 days moving my stuff into my husband's apartment.

While moving I ended up spraining my ankle when I tripped over the curb while stuffing my stuff into my husband's trunk...ouchy!! Praise the Lord I didn't sprain my ankle to bad. I was only stuck in bed and hopping around for 1.5 days. Then I was able to walk, but not work out. I tried working out, but the pain started up again so I just took it easy. After a week or so of doing nothing strenuous (just shopping ha-ha) I think I'm finally ready to work out again.

I've had a blast shopping with my husband this past two week! I'm so thankful I married my best friend! We simply love spending time together because of the friendship we've developed over the years.

I  love creating a home for us and filling it with joy and laughter! This season has been so amazing and it's just beginning! I can't wait to see all the God change that unfolds in the months to come!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

LOVE THIS!!! I'm so excited for you two. What an amazing season and I can't wait to see what He has in store for y'all next. Also, marrying your best friend is amazing...such a richness in the relationship.

Micka said...

Big Congrats to you and your new family. I love the way you just keep saying " MY Husband" Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful time with us.